“For Ezra had set his heart to study the Law of the LORD, and to do it and to teach his statutes and rules in Israel.” Ezra 7:10
Ezra Project is a user-friendly Bible study tool focussing on topical study based on keywords/tags. This program can help you to easily manage your topical verse lists and verse-based notes. Ezra Project works with SWORD Bible translation modules and thus enables Bible study in many languages. It runs on Windows, macOS and Linux desktop computers, as well as on Android tablets. The user interface has been localized to English, Spanish, German, French, Dutch and Slovakian. Click here to download the latest release for your desktop pc or install the Ezra Project app from the Play Store on your Android tablet.
Usage / Howto / Screenshots
Watch this video to understand how to use Ezra Project.
You can also browse through some screenshots and photos on a separate gallery page.
If you have specific questions on how to use Ezra Project, feel free to participate in the user forum.
Have a look at these howtos for some advanced usecases:
Ezra Project comes with the following features:
- Bible browsing with access to all translations from CrossWire’s repositories
- Tagging (topical verse lists)
- Note taking (for verses and Bible books)
- Search in Bible modules and in the currently opened Bible browsing window
- Strongs Dictionary support
- User-friendly interface with tabs
- Switchable light/dark color theme
- Localizations for English, Spanish, German, Dutch, French, Slovakian
A detailed list of features can be found on a separate page.
An overview of changes per release is available in the Change Log.
Ezra Project is currently on a bi-monthly release schedule. The next release 0.18.0 is planned for April 2021 with the following changes:
- Adjustable font-size for bible text
- Icons for buttons and menus
- Small screen layout optimizations (relevant for 7” Android tablets)
To give feedback and discuss about Ezra Project feel free to participate in the user forum: forum.ezra-project.net
To file issues (bug reports, feature requests, etc.) please use the Github issue system. Click here to file a new Issue for Ezra Project.
Have a look at Ezra Project’s GitHub repository to find out more about its development.