Ezra Project comes with the features listed below. An overview of changes per release is available in the Change Log.
- Bible books are opened entirely and you can scroll through the chapters seamlessly and quickly.
- The text is shown with book introductions, section headers, cross references and foot notes.
- You can compare the Bible translations of the selected verses.
- Access to all Bible translations available from CrossWire’s repositories.
- Ezra Project uses the local Sword directories as any other Sword frontend.
Tagging (topical verse lists)
- Tag within the currently opened book or verse list.
- Lookup all verses of a tag (show verses in the main browsing window).
- Lookup all verses of a tag in the context of a book or verse list (show verses in small popup).
- Export a tagged verse list to a document.
- Show tag statistics for the currently opened book.
- Take notes for individual verses.
- The notes can be formatted using Markdown syntax.
- The note editor offers syntax highlighting and convenience features for editing Markdown (see this cheatsheet).
- Search within the currently opened book or verse list (
CTRL/CMD + f).
- Search within the full Bible translation.
- Search with multiple words, exact phrase or Strong’s number.
- Search results are highlighted.
- Strong’s transcriptions/original word are displayed as hint/pop-up above the word when hovering the mouse over the corresponding word while pressing
- Detailed Strong’s information is shown on the bottom left in a separate box.
- Strong’s based search with link ‘Find all occurrances’.
- Additional Strong’s based dictionaries can be installed. All Strong’s related dictionary entries are shown in the dictionary info box.
User interface features
- Each tab either shows a book, a tagged verse list, cross references or search results.
- Previously opened tabs are loaded again on program start.
- Switchable light/dark color theme
- You can easily and quickly switch between a light and a dark color theme.
- This is configured automatically on macOS based on the system settings.
- User interface available in the following languages:
- English, Spanish, German, Dutch, French, Slovakian